"Too Good to be True" Gluten Free Cookie Dough


Most of my cooking and baking endeavors include a whole lot of improvisation. I tend to take a little creative license, whether its switching up my own recipes or altering others'. Its just more fun to skirt the rules and its how one of my very favorite family recipes came about. As kids, my brother and I experimented with a pretty typical chocolate chip cookie recipe; adding blended oats and swapping chocolate chips for sprinkles (although sometimes I opt for both), messing with proportions and going gluten free. I always swear that my GF concoctions taste totally gluten filled, and although generally I'm just lying about it to feel better, these really are as good as I claim them to be.


Post-workout I was majorly craving something sweet (and unhealthy). Which I know basically defeats the point of working out all together, but I don't care, yolo, whatever, etc. Sometimes I'll actually bake the cookies, while others I reserve the dough to be eaten raw (switch out eggs for milk to avoid the threat of salmonella). Since my oven happens to be broken I didn't really have much choice this go around, but its not as if I really cared. This treat really is too good to be true.

{Start by mixing together 1 cup of softened butter, 1 cup of white sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of vanilla}

{The only gluten free flour anyone should ever buy - its that good}

{Then mix one by one: 2 eggs, 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp. of baking soda, 1 tsp. of baking powder}

{In a food processor, blend together 2.5 cups of oats and then add chocolate sprinkles (and/or chocolate chips) to taste}

{If you're going the baked cookie route, throw them in for 10 minutes at 375 degrees}

{If you're just interested in saving the dough, conceal it in a tupperware and refrigerate. Don't forget to swap eggs for milk if you're planning on eating it raw - safety first, yo!}
xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment