Paleo Snack Mix

Recipe Credit: Cook Eat Paleo
I spent four months eating my way through Europe (literally). There just wasn't a reality where I was going to deprive myself of a plate of homemade pasta in Italy or pass up an extra crêpe in Paris. While the first half of my sophomore year had basically been a six-month long health kick, I didn't want to pressure myself into calorie counting while abroad. When in Rome you have to do as the Romans and the Romans love their carbs and gelato.
Since landing back on American soil I've done my best to get back on the bandwagon with a regular gym routine and some dietary improvements. I find the Paleo method to be the absolute most effective and while I can't claim to stick to it a 100% of the time, its a great guideline. In an effort to curb old cravings I'm constantly testing out new recipes and this paleo snack mix has become a total guilt-free favorite.

Its also super easy to whip up (yay). The recipe calls for 3 cups of mixed nuts, 1 tablespoon of garlic infused olive oil (I just used regular olive oil and sprinkled the mix with garlic salt), 1-2 teaspoons of smoked sea salt, (I used regular salt and didn't really measure it out, so its up to you), 1 teaspoon of smoked sweet paprika, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of smoked hot paprika (I ended up doing 1 teaspoon because I love it super spicy, so again you can change it up based on taste preferences.) After mixing it all up, just pop it into the oven on 325 degrees for 15 minutes and you'll be clean snacking all week.

Disclaimer: Its addictive








No comments:

Post a Comment