Chef Megan: GF Lo Mien


I pretty much crave Chinese take out 24/7 and since most dishes are gluten-filled (and unhealthy) I've made it my mission to recreate some of my favorites.  Of course the best thing about cooking isn't just the ability to free my food of gluten, but also tailor it to my tastes.  I'm so obsessed with Spicy foods and cooking my own lo mien allows me to add in some extra spice that the regular recipe doesn't call for.  Although there is some Siracha required I decided to triple the amount and then drizzle a little extra on my finished product.

 INGREDIENTS
  • 8 ounces gluten free noodles
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced (I didn't include)
  • 1 red bell pepper, julienned
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 1/2 cup snow peas
  • 3 cups baby spinach 
  • FOR THE SAUCE
  • 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce, or more, to taste
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I hate ginger so I left out) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste (I tripled it and loved the extra kick!)
INSTRUCTIONS
  • In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
  • In a large pot of boiling water, cook gluten free noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas and spinach until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
  • Stir in gluten free noodles and gluten free soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
  • Serve immediately.
(Recipe is from my favorite recipe site Damn Delicious with some gluten free and personal preference changes ;)








Dad loves photobombing :-)


Hope you enjoy! 

xo,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment