Music to my ears

Looking back I really cannot distinguish a time when music wasn't a part of my life.  I still have the distinct image of my four year old self twirling around the family room to Jars of Clay.  Lost somewhere are tapes of a younger me singing songs about the hardships of kindergarten.  5 year old Megan wanted to be the first singer to improv her own lyrics.  I have the sweet memories of my first concert, Jessie McCartney, and a video tape professing my love to him (phone number and marriage proposal included ;-).  My very first lime green ipod is stored away among many other dinosaur like electronics, filled with the likes of Avril Lavigne and Hillary Duff.  And my bright blue Freaky Friday like electric guitar, just like Lindsey's, was sold at a garage sale long ago.  

Many things have changed since those years, but my love for music has remained.  Since I was in the 4th grade, it has become somewhat of a tradition to see a concert before the start of school, and this year was no exception.  I have long loved John Mayer (I own every single one of his songs :-) and I have been dreaming of seeing him live for some time.  When I caught wind that he was going to be touring with another favorite, Phillip Phillips, I couldn't jump on Stubhub fast enough.  


The Concert was everything and more that I had hoped it would be.  Both performers were outstanding live and I just couldn't help but scream along the lyrics.  It was well worth the sore throat that followed.  



You cannot go to a concert and leave empty handed. 

Credit: JohnMayer.com

John Mayer himself.  :-)  

Be sure to check out his upcoming album Album, Paradise Valley, coming out August 20th.  
(I've already pre-ordered ;-)

xo

Meg



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I love John Mayer too!
    Glad it was a blast

    xo

    http://gracieoffduty.weebly.com/life.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Be Sure to stop back!

    xo
    Meg

    ReplyDelete