Gettin' Crafty

Just this past year my bedroom underwent a complete makeover.  I've become completely obsessed with transforming my childhood bedroom into a more mature space.  One of my favorite parts of the redecoration process has been trying all sorts of D.I.Y projects.  Gettin' crafty is not only fun, but it also provides great personalized pieces.  Making my space much more ME.  

When I'm in need of inspiration I often turn to Pinterest and recently I've seen several Canvas projects.  My arts 'n crafts aunt came for a little girls weekend just a few weeks back and we figured that it would be the perfect opportunity to try out some of our latest pins!

I have ALWAYS loved bows, but I've never found a way to incorporate them into my bedroom decor. I figured that since I couldn't find a great bow piece, I'd make one!


I began by lightly drawing a simple bow onto the canvas.  Feel free to use a stencil if needed! 


Then I pulled out the paints! My room is filled with grey and purple hues, so of course I stuck to that pallet.  


And the bow is complete...


Time to polka dot it! :-) 


I used this variety of paints and began dotting up the canvas, all different shades and sizes.  


If I can do it so can you!  I really am not an artistic individual, but none the less I am pretty proud of my new painted piece! 

What do you think? Is it something you'd try? :-)

xo 

Meg

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete